Hilltops Council is the local control authority for administering the Biosecurity Act 2015 and provides a cost effective and consistent mechanism for control and management of targeted weeds within the 7,139 sq Km of the Hilltops Council area and by arrangement with the Yass Valley Council.
What we do
We provide the following services:
- Property inspections
- Council inspectors carry out private property inspections for the presence of noxious weeds and assist land owners with control programs and plant identification.
- Issue Weed Control Notices (WCN)
- Where an occupier does not comply with authorised officers requests, Council can and will issue a WCN under the Biosecurity Act 2015.
- Roadside weed management
- The Council has designated spray units for use on roadside weed control and private works.
- Contract spraying service
- Council provides a contract service at competitive rates for all weed control.
- Council provides certificates to intending property purchasers, on payment of a fee, stating whether there are outstanding fees, charges or notices on the property.
On 1 July 2017 a NSW government proclamation dissolved Southern Slopes County Council and with it the functions of the Southern Slopes Noxious Plant Authority (SSNPA). These functions and operations were transferred to Yass Valley Council and Hilltops Council which covers Young, Harden and Boorowa. Hilltops Council has now assumed the functions and operations of the SSNPA and has also signed an agreement to provide these services to Yass Valley Council. For further information on Hilltops Council please visit www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au