Trading as Southern Slopes Noxious Plants Authority, the Southern Slopes County Council is a Local Government noxious weeds authority operating under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993.SSNPA incorporates the Councils of Hilltops and Yass Valley, covering an area of approximately 12,000 square kilometres located in the South West Slopes region of NSW.
What we do
We provide the following services:
- Property inspections
- Council inspectors carry out private property inspections for the presence of noxious weeds and assist land owners with control programs and plant identification.
- Issue Weed Control Notices (WCN)
- Where an occupier does not comply with the inspectors requests, SSNPA can and will issue a WCN under section 18A of the Noxious Weeds Act 1993.
- Roadside weed management
- Each area of the county has a fully operational spray unit for use on roadside weed control and private works.
- Contract spraying service
- SSNPA provides a contract service at competitive rates for all weed control.
- SSNPA provides certificates to intending property purchasers, on payment of a fee, stating whether there are outstanding fees, charges or notices on the property.